Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Problems with weight loss

Maybe I did not describe things too well.
    You see, I have not "cut down or cut out " anything, as for quite some time, the after effects of radiotherapy in the neck region (which killed my thyroid and saliva glands) affected my taste, first I could taste nothing at all and once it returned after several months, nothing was the same.

Once a great coffee drinker, I now can't stand the taste. I always had milk in my tea, now that repulses me so I prefer it black and I have always had unsweetened beverages.
    I cannot bear anything sweet hence no sugar. My daily food intake as described above is normal for me and portion size is small (thanks to my two dogs with pleading eyes) I do not do ready meals and all dishes are prepared using fresh ingredients not tinned.

The only exercise I can manage these days is a 10 minute hobble to the local shop and back and that is really pushing things to the limit which is hard considering I was always active.

My GP put me in touch with www.onelifesuffolk.co.uk , I start a (free) 12 week weight loss programme this Monday so hopefully I will see some good results.

Quote Originally Posted by suffolkbobby View Post
    My GP put me in touch with www.onelifesuffolk.co.uk , I start a (free) 12 week weigh t loss programme this Monday so hopefully I will see some good results.
    Great news, I thought there would be some kind of GP referral thing. The govt want a more healthy pop. and weight loss is a factor in many conditions. that should give a good "kick start" - just remeber - thats only the start!!

I'm astounded.......a loss of 4lbs in one week and without exercise or changing my diet. Using Myfitnesspal to keep track of what I eat and ensuring I don't exceed 1500 calories a day (of which even wine is included) I'm convinced I'll soon be "Skinny Dipping" instead of "Chunky Dunking".

its all a case of planning and being aware of what you eat. Also being aware of whats in the food you BUY! Start being a label reader, that can scare you shitless when you see what crap they put in! Look for low salt and low fat.
    They sell good Slimming World meals in Iceland. Very cheap, microwavable and tasty too! I think generous portions as wwell

Hi suffolkbobby

have you tried the NHS Weight Loss site, I know people who have tried and lost weight quite easily and of course it's free

https://www.nhs.uk/LiveWell/weight-loss-guide

Hi k8lin, I'm with "one life suffolk" now which is free and glad to say the weight is on the downhill slide, another pound gone this week, 55 more to lose.

Good luck with the weight loss suffolkbobby!

Another 4lb this week..........braces to hold my undies up soon.

Well done! I'm dreading slimming world this week......fell off the wagon a bit, me. My achilles heel is cakes and sweet stuff. note to self - eat more fruit!!